Playpen Pre-school has been rated OUTSTANDING in all areas in our last two Ofsted inspections, the latest inspection being in October 2015. We are currently registered to educate and care for children aged from 2 years. We are an inclusive, community based group offering a specially tailored curriculum for all children and their families.
To read our latest Ofsted Report click here.
Our aims are:
- to provide high quality care and education for children under statutory school age.
- To provide inspirational and unforgettable learning experiences for children.
- to work in partnership with parents to promote the Early Years Foundation Stage of learning.
- to enable children to find the self-confidence and independence that will help them with their transition into full time education.
Our objectives are:
- to provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment to meet the needs of all children.
- to add to the life and well-being of the local community.
- to offer children and their parents a service that promotes inclusion.
- to give children the opportunity to have fun, learn through play, make friends and become independent.
The pre-school’s aim is to support parents as their child’s first and most important educators and to keep them informed, consulted, involved and included in their child’s education. The partnership between parents and pre-school is vital and we value your involvement.
Each child is given generous care and attention because of our high ratio of staff to children. Children are helped to take their learning forward by building on what they already know or can do. Each child has a personal key person who uses a continuous process of observation, assessment and planning to ensure that children make significant progress at Pre-school. The setting keeps a ‘learning journal’ for each child.