The Pre-school first opened at Meopham Village Hall in the 1970’s. The present owners have worked at Playpen since 1998 and have owned and managed Playpen since July 2003. In April 2007, we moved to a new building on the Meopham Community Academy site.
We are currently registered to educate and care for children aged from 2 years. We are a community based, parent-involving group offering a specially tailored curriculum which ensures inclusivity for all children and their families. The pre-school is open term time only and we run as a sessional pre-school.
Our aims are:
- to provide high quality care and education for children under statutory school age.
- to work in partnership with parents to promote the Early Years Foundation Stage of learning.
- to enable children to find the self-confidence and independence that will help them with their transition into full time education.
Our objectives are:
- to provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment to meet the needs of all children.
- to add to the life and well-being of the local community.
- to offer children and their parents a service that promotes equality and values diversity.
- to give children the opportunity to have fun, learn through play, make friends and become independent.
The pre-school’s aim is to support parents as their child’s first and most important educators; to keep them informed, consulted, involved and included in their child’s education. The partnership between parents and pre-school is vital and we value your involvement.
Each child is given generous care and attention because of our high ratio of staff to children. Children are helped to take their learning forward by building on what they already know or can do. Each child has a personal key person who uses a continuous process of observation, assessment and planning to ensure that children make significant progress at Pre-school.